09 Mar Spring Break Staycation
It’s almost springtime! The weather is warming up (at least here in Texas), and the children are out from school. It is the perfect time to bond with your children and create some special memories.
You don’t have to travel anywhere during Spring Break, you can have a lot of fun at home!
- Go to the beach – Things can be so busy between work, school and extra-curricular activities. Take the time to relax under the warm sun. Dig your feet into the sand as you listen to waves crash. Can you think of a better way to spend the day?
- Picnic in the park – Have your children help prepare a picnic basket full of delicious food, and head to your nearby park- Oyster Creek Park in Sugar Land is a fan favorite! Walk around and look at the different plants and critters. Can you identify all of them? Take a ball and play catch. There is so much to do!
- Go for a bike ride – Explore your neighborhood together!
- Backyard barbecue – Cooking with your child is always a great idea, so fire up the grill! Your child can help shuck corn, mix ingredients for potato salad, or shred ingredients for coleslaw.
- Start digging – this is the perfect time to work on your spring garden! Plan together which fruits and vegetables you would like to grow. Put on your gloves, pull out the shovels and get dirty!
- Go Stargazing – See if you can find the Big Dipper, Orion’s Belt, and other constellations. Are city lights making it too hard to see the stars? Head to the George Observatory at Brazos Bend State Park.
- Find a free movie – Check your local parks or town centers, many offer free family events.